Teamlead Educational Content Writer US/UK (m/f/d)
Interested in joining the team?Apply now
We are convinced that children and teenagers achieve the biggest educational success, when they are encouraged to study in their own time and at their own pace, using various digital means and tools. In order to support this sofatutor, as a company and team, has created a digital learning platform that enables children to study individually, in their own time and from any location. The platform helps them follow up on their school work by using teaching videos, interactive tasks as well as exercise sheets and also encourages them to acquire further knowledge on relevant educational content.
sofatutor is the most prominent online learning platform on the German-speaking market with a team of 140 employees, almost 1 million users and over 10.000 videos. As we keep growing, our next steps involve the internationalization of our content into the English-speaking market. As the next step, we are looking for a Teamlead for the Educational Content Team US/UK (m/f/d) who supports and motivates our educational content writers for the establishment of this educational platform on an international market.
You will be able to work completely remote from the American or European Continent.
A team of highly motivated Educational Content Writers who are working on our learning content awaits you. As a team leader, you will take on full responsibility for a team of currently 11 editors from the US and UK. You are the first point of contact for all professional and personal concerns of employees and support them in all areas of everyday work. To do this, you will provide yourself with an overview of the tools and current processes required for content creation. These are your other tasks:
- Taking over the technical and disciplinary management responsibility for a team of Content Writers
- Professional development of employees
- Technical and didactic sparring for projects and project managers
- Align the vision of the US / UK editorial department together with the editorial team leads of the DACH teams
- Further development of the technical and didactic orientation and vision of the editorial area
- Recruiting of new team members
Your starting requirements
You are a good fit for this job, if you have extensive experience in leading a team and would like to take on this responsibility for an educational content team. You have a very clear idea of how you approach projects didactically so that the learning materials that arise are understandable, helpful and motivating. In addition, you have expertise in creating digital learning content and you are bringing a lot of motivation and ideas on the table. As an ideal candidate you should meet the following requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in the creation of teaching materials or learning aids for the school sector in the US – part of it in the creation of digital learning aids / learning materials (preferable across different subjects and years)
- 3+ years of experience in leading (content) teams
- Very good understanding of didactics and conceptual requirements of learning material
- In-depth knowledge of the requirements of different age and target groups
- Up-to-date on relevant developments in the digital education market
- Has the motivation to drive this project forward, with a can-do attitude and an openness for others’ ideas
Working with us will give you the opportunity to implement your ideas from the very beginning onwards. You will guide most areas of responsibility autonomously, but will have a reliable team and head as sparring partners at your side. Within sofatutor’s company culture we value transparency, regular feedback and teamwork highly. Further benefits include:
- independent tasks and areas of responsibility
- open communication with a fair feedback culture to continuously develop your strengths and potential
- flexible working hours, with the opportunity to work from your choice of location, as well as services such as virtual sports classes assisting you in your personal healthy work-life balance
- working on an exciting and innovative product in the education sector shaping the future of education
For more than ten years, the online learning platform “sofatutor.com” is supporting students on all levels in learning independently and is also widely used in teaching. We believe that students can reach their full learning potential if they are given the freedom to go their own ways and set individual goals. With didactically tested learning content in 13 subjects, our product adapts to the individual learning progress of students and helps them to improve grades. More than 100 employees work on our learning videos, practice problems and worksheets to show students that learning is fun. Bring in your talents and make our mission your own!