Interested in joining the team?Apply now
We are convinced that children and teenagers achieve the biggest educational success, when they are encouraged to study in their own time and at their own pace, using various digital means and tools. In order to support this sofatutor, as a company and team, has created a digital learning platform that enables children to study individually, in their own time and from any location. The platform helps them follow up on their school work by using teaching videos, interactive tasks as well as exercise sheets and also encourages them to acquire further knowledge on relevant educational content.
sofatutor is the most prominent online learning platform on the German-speaking market with a team of 140 employees, almost 1 million users and over 10.000 videos. As we keep growing, our next steps involve the internationalisation of our content into the English-speaking market. To have a clear grasp on what children need to learn during their elementary school years in the US, we are looking for an E-learning expert – elementary school (m/f/d) who is motivated to create educational videos together with a team of animators, illustrators and audio designers to support the establishment of this educational platform on an international market.
You will be able to work completely remote from anywhere in the world.
As an E-learning expert (elementary school) (m/f/d) at sofatutor, you will work on producing educational videos in mathematics for elementary school. You are responsible for the formal content as well as the didactical approach of the videos and you will work together with a team of creatives to make learning fun and engaging.
- be part of designing the curriculum and the video topics related to the most important elementary school subjects
- plan video lessons from the beginning on by writing lesson plans, creating stories and accompany the whole development process of a video
- script video lessons that teach students the most important concepts of what they will learn in mathematics in elementary school
- work together with a team of animators, illustrators and audio designers to choose well fitting characters and worlds where the students can enjoy studying and
- update and maintain the company’s content standard guides and improve content continuously
You are a good fit for this job, if you have a strong background in elementary school education in the US, for example by having worked as a teacher in years 1 to 6 or by having been involved in curriculum design at a supervisory school authority. You will need to have a clear understanding of the country’s school system and will need to be able to provide cultural insights on the educational system in order to assist the production of authentic video content. As an ideal candidate you should meet the following requirements:
- have completed a degree in education successfully
- have experience as a elementary school teacher
- OR have worked as a tutor for elementary school students
- you have experience in using e-learning material, especially videos
- offer very good organisational and planning skills
- have conceptual skills and creativity to develop content in a digital video format
- have the motivation to drive this project forward, with a can-do attitude and an openness for others’ ideas
- have the passion for helping elementary school children in their educational success by using new digital means and tools
Working with us will give you the opportunity to implement your ideas from the very beginning onwards. You will guide most areas of responsibility autonomously, but will have a reliable team and head as sparring partners at your side. Within sofatutor’s company culture we value transparency, regular feedback and teamwork highly. Further benefits include:
- independent tasks and areas of responsibility
- open communication with a fair feedback culture to continuously develop your strengths and potential
- flexible working hours, with the opportunity to work from your choice of location, as well as services such as virtual sports classes assisting you in your personal healthy work-life balance
- working on an exciting and innovative product in the education sector shaping the future of education
For more than ten years, the online learning platform “sofatutor.com” is supporting students on all levels in learning independently and is also widely used in teaching. We believe that students can reach their full learning potential if they are given the freedom to go their own ways and set individual goals. With didactically tested learning content in 13 subjects, our product adapts to the individual learning progress of students and helps them to improve grades. More than 100 employees work on our learning videos, practice problems and worksheets to show students that learning is fun. Bring in your talents and make our mission your own!